We are hiring: Agile QA/Test Analyst
Cybake is looking for a capable Agile QA/Test Analyst that will work as part of a multi-disciplined delivery team at our York, UK, office to produce high-quality, testable products for our client partners.
Full-time position – £30k-£35k per annum
Sound like you?
- A Professional or Senior QA/Test Analyst with experience and confident in modern test processes.*
- You can identify and drive improvements on how to apply test process and improvements in a team delivery process.
- You have a questioning nature, along with meticulous attention to detail.
- Confident communicator, able to articulate clearly and build relationships across a range of disciplines in a product team, including clients.
- Able to continually adapt, modify and improve the QA team’s skill-set, tools and processes.
Purpose of the role
In this role, you will be driving quality throughout the development lifecycle while interacting daily with internal and potentially external client stakeholders. You will be baking quality in early via User Stories that can drive Automated User/Test Acceptance Criteria. This, in turn, will increase the frequency of feedback, reliability and therefore increasing product quality & team delivery efficiency.
Role and responsibilities
You will help create user stories with the product owner, developers & potentially clients ensuring all have a clear, shared view of the feature. User stories then need to have well-defined acceptance criteria & success criteria/value for measurement.
You will also be responsible for driving improvements in practice, process, standards, testing & automation within your team. You will relish challenges, taking opportunities to learn & take an active part in team lean/agile work practices/processes improvements to reduce inefficiencies.
Skills and experience
- Energetic & keen desire to learn
- Solid QA & Testing methodologies and tooling across Test Analyst and Test Automation
- Analytical thinker
- Eye for detail
- Able to understand, communicate & manage risk of delivery
- Good understanding of Business Analysis – User story and scenario writing
- Good understanding of lean/agile working processes – and ability to identify improvements
- Strong communication skills ranging from client focus to technical detail
- Understanding of development and technology stacks
- Collaborative mind-set
To apply: Please email Cybake operations director Martin Coyle at email@example.com
Please note: despite current events, we are still recruiting as normal. We have taken the full recruitment process digital, so will perform interviews through web conferencing. Although we are working remotely at the moment, we expect a post-health emergency world to embrace a mix of remote/office working – so this role is NOT a fully remote opportunity. Our city-centre office space is C-secure, and open for our staff to work from if they wish to.